Monday, February 20, 2012

Steady Rising....

I've managed to increase my mileage up to a 'comfortable' 2.6 miles or so. I've logged two 5Ks as well and so far clock my 5K at 44 minutes. I would absolutely LOVE it if I could just do a 5K in under 40 minutes. I would be so pleased!

I've been using Map my Run on my Android on weekends and then running on the treadmill and cross training during the week. I can't stand running on the treadmill, but it does help with my endurance training.

I always seem to have to stop at .60 miles..if I could just keep going to .80 before I take my first rest, I think that will significantly help my time.

Also looking to purchase some safety gear like Road ID and reflective gear. I have to say that I still have the running bug! I also joined Black Girls Run Baltimore. They usually run very early in the morning and so far I haven't been able to get up in time! lol But they are very supportive and I visit their facebook group page often.

My 2nd 5K is coming up in 3 weeks. I'm not as nervous as I was before when I was only pulling 1 milers. I know I can do 3 miles now without feeling like I'm going to pass out!

Let's just hope that I can at lease shave 1 minute off my time, lose weight, and most importantly...not fall off the wagon since March is such a crazy month! I can't wait for it to be over....

No comments:

Post a Comment